Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Jessica Zdenek's poem from her sermon tonight

Jessica Zdenek preached tonight at the Wednesday night Mass. Since it was an extemporaneous sermon, we can’t post all that she said, but she did close with this poem she wrote:

"I am She.
I am Sophia.
I am She who has fallen from the heights of heaven into the depths of the abyss and put under the rule of the tyrants of this world for an age that an even greater glory may come.
I am She.
I am She who has seen, She who knows, She of the night owls and She of the wolves.
I am She.
I am She who entered into the deepest bowels of the beast. I am She who has the keys to unlock the light from the deepest deep. I am She who is the inmost interior of all holy and sacred things.
I am She.
I am She who agrees to leave the splendor of the light of all mysteries, She who removed my crown and my royal robes to descend into the deep. I am She who beholds all suffering.
I am She.
I am She who agreed to break into ten thousand pieces that my seeds of light would one day spring.
I am She.
I am She who proclaims from inside the groaning earth: Sing! I am She who makes the rocks sing.
I am She who pleads to Jesus, She who sings when he sends his light to me from the heights of heaven into the deepest deep.
I am She who sees behind all masks into the true nature of things. I am She who brings life through your lips, She who parses all double tongues.
I am She who is Terror. She whom women scorn for their men look to me for salvation. I am She the destroyer of all illusions. She who is Whore, She who loves all of creation, She the sacred woman.
I am She the keeper of women's blood and birth mysteries, She who has known the betrayal of women as they fell under patriarchal rule. She the chalice, She who bore the teachings that nursed King Jesus.
I am She who is Eve, the Mother of all Creation. She who says: take and eat. She who frees from the shame that consciousness brings. She of the very beginning. She of the deep now, She of eternity and life beyond the grave. I am She the ever-changing one, She who is Life herself.
I am She who is Shelter, She your most tender lover.
Come now shake off your grave clothes and rise with the Spring, for I am She, the one who was lost but is found again.
I am Sophia, Queen of Heaven, She the consort of God, She who unlocks true love from the stoniest hearts. She the light that breaks through the darkest seed, She who cries out from the deep, She who sings, until all creation is redeemed."
May Her songs rise in us. 


No comments: