Saturday, March 19, 2016

Easter Letter from Fr. Jamie

Lent – Easter, 2016

As most of you know and have heard me say on many occasions: Easter is, by far, my favorite Season in the Church Year. I love it not only for the Paschal Mystery we celebrate and contemplate; I love it as well because, like our baptismal faith, it is about renewal and rebirth.

During this Easter Season I would like to extend to you my blessings and deepest gratitude. St. Stephen’s has become a place and community in which I am finding myself rejoicing and giving thanks on a daily basis. We are  community constantly renewing itself in God’s Spirit. Our continued commitment to welcome and include all people equally in the life of Christ is truly making a difference in people’s lives.

As we near Easter I would like to invite each of you to join with me in commemorating Jesus’ last week during Holy Week and celebrating this great and beautiful Event of the Resurrection at St. Stephen’s. There are plenty of opportunities for worship during Holy Week and the Easter Season. A schedule of Holy Week/Easter events is included in this mailing.

So, please do join in this beautiful and important time of the Year by worshipping at St. Stephen’s.

And again, please know of my deep gratitude and joy in being able to serve alongside you at St. Stephen’s. Each of you remain in my daily prayers. Please include me in yours as well.
Peace,



Fr. Jamie Parsley

Priest-in-Charge 

No comments: